Lily Yun-Hsueh Li
Director of the International Vocal-seminar (Functional vocal-technique)
Opera / Concert singer
As recipient of the 1993 Chi-Me Scholarship, Ms. Li moved to study and worked in Germany. Since
1993, she studied under Professor Alfredo Kraus June and performed in the Rome Masters
Masterclasse. After completing her study in June, she moved to study with Mezzo-Soprano B.
Fassbaender and Ms. Vera Rózsa, professors at the Royal Manchester College of Music and Guildhall
School of Music, London. Since she has lived in Germany, Ms. Li has taught operatic performers
and performed in throughout Europe, United States, and Taiwan.
- 2004-2008 President and Founder of the International Vocal Seminar for Functional
vocal-technique. Lecturer programs of rigorous training and formal education in operatic acting,
singing interpretation, and technique.
- 2008 Coordinator and facilitator for the international culture friendship with Fort Augustus Germany.
- 2005-2008 Vocal Soloist in "Formosa Li Ensemble" and set up "Formosa Li Chamber Orchestra" in
2005. Recruiting of Asian singers for music study in Leipzig, Germany.
- 2007 Produced Formosa Li Album-"Und jaget die letzte Süße in den schweren Wein" in December
with Mitteldeutschen Rundfunk in Programm of MDR Figaro and Broadcasted through Germany and
Central Broadcasting Station (MDR).
- 2004 Founder of International Vocal Seminars in Augustusburg, Germany.
- 2003 Directed and produced Cinderella (Singarella) in the Musical Puzzles Production of Cinderella,
- 2002 Performed "Filix Mendelssohn Batholdy" at University of Music and Drama in Konzertexam
Leipzig, and learned techniques under Ms. Brigitte Faßbaender in Braunschweig, Germany.
- 2001 Post-professional study in Vocal-pedagogik under professor Eugen Rabine (concerntrated on
physiological functions of operatic skills), Weimar, Germany.
- 2000 Guest lecturer of Operatic Techniques and teacher of vocal training techniques in Leipzig,
Germany and Taipei, Taiwan. Co-founder of the Vocal-Studio“BelCanto“,Leipzig, Germany.
- 1993 Solo singer in The First Preparatory Member of Taipei National Opera at the National Theater
in Taipei, Taiwan. Awarded the 1993 Chi-Me Scholarship. Moved to Germany for doctoral degree in
Voice/Drama Studies and then worked in Germany.
- 1991 Learned Voice/Drama Studies in Hochschule für Musik und Theater, Leipzig, Germany
- 1989-1991 Member of The First Preparatory Member of Taipei National Opera Studio. Soloist and
member at the National Theater in Taipei, Taiwan
Instructor of repertoire studies and piano-accompaniment
- Piano-accompanist at the opera-house, Leipzig, Germany
- Conductor and piano-accompanist at the “Haus Dreilinden” (Musical Comedy, Leipzig, Germany)
- Lied-accompanist in various inland and abroad concerts
Instructress for music interpretation in the field of entertainment music such as: Jazz,
Blues, Chanson, Pop, Rock, and Musical
- Born in Hongkong, China.
- Solist in the Band "Three Blind Mice"(Pop)
- Music study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Classical European music and Chinese music)
- Solo of the Band "The Triplets"(Jazz)
- Awarded the "British Commenwealth Scholarship"
- Study at the Royal Academy of Music, Manchester (Baroque and Church music)
- Solist with the "Jubilee Singers" in the England Tournee.
- Awarded the DAAD scholarship to Germany
- Study at the Hochschule der Künste, Berlin.(Lieder and Modern music))
- Foundress and conductress of a "Musical Training Programme" under the artistical direction of
Helmut Bauman and support by Günther Neumann Scholarship
- Solo or musical directress in various concert-, oratorio-, opera- and musical-projects inland and
- Member of the "Theater des Westens".
- Lecturess at the "Universität der Künste".(Musical
- Vocal Department head of the "Musical Trainging Programme"
at the Ballettzentrum, Berlin
- Composeress and singer of the Band "Nord-Syd"
- Composeress and singer in the CD-Production with the Duo "Dong-West"
Instructress for music interpretation and ensemble singing in the field
- Graduate as church-musician from the Church-music school in Halle
- Diploma graduated Singer and Musical-player from the "Hochschule
für Musik und Theater, Leipzig".
- Engagements in "Evita", "Der Mann von La Mancha".
- Singer as well as Instrumentalist in various concerts.
- One of the founders of the Vocal-studio"BelCanto",Leipzig.
Vocal-pedagogue and artistical accompaniment for singers.
- Musical directress of various projects such as: "Singarella-a
fairytale-revue", "Barliebendig-solo performance with
Barbara Schill", " Aufgehalten"(a musical-production
of the Dance Studio Nr.1, Halle Saale).
- 2004/2005 Church-music assistent at the "Nicolaikirche",
- Since 2004, musical directress of the Show-choir L.E., (Premiere
of "...and it moves us all..." at the Studio 3, Leipzig,
in Nov.2005). Since then numerous engagements and guest performances.
- Lecturess in the field of "Musical" at the Dance-studio
- Studied classical singing at the Akademie für Tonkunst (Academy of Music) in Darmstadt
- Engagement at the Staatstheater Darmstadt (Darmstadt State Theatre)
- Studied Jazz-Singin and Jazz-Guitar at the Jazz-Schule Berlin in Berlin. Regular participation in
subject-related training courses focusing on Jazz singing, improvisation and interpretation
- Jazz choir with Norbert Gottschalk, Dr. Arthur LaPierre, Darmon Meader, Prof. Judy Niemack,
Frank Sikora, Luciana Souza a. o.
- Studies of Jazz-Singing and Jazz-Guitar at the John Payne Music Center, Boston, U.S.A.
- Member of Tanglewood Festival Chorus, Boston, U.S.A.
- Regular concerts with the Boston Symphony Orchesta and the Boston Pops Orchestra in Boston, Symphony Hall as well as in New York City, Carnegie Hall.
- Free-lance work as a singer in various ensembles covering various styles, e. g. The Swing Dance Orchestra, Berlin.
- Occupational activity as a singing teacher in the Jazz- and Pop field.
- Peter Fricke is involved in different Projects. He runs a Jazz-Duo with guitarist Dieter Kociemba.
- He also collaborates on a regular basis with the Frankfurt/Main based Jazz-Quartett Hörbar.
Leader of body-training, ensemble-work and group-improvisation
- Graduate of the "Musikhochschule Dresden
- Founder of the "Singwerkstatt Dresden"
- Vocal-educator für various choirs in Dresden
- Productions of theatre pieces based on methods of "Improvisation
Dance-theatre", such as:"Flugzeit". In "Maria",
the aspect of singing is being brought in as the enjoyable part of
- Combining classical singing with free improvisation and given scenes
as a goal of artistical and vocal challenge.
- Study of functional vocal-pedagogics in Weimar, as a parallel to
the study of Music and German.
- 2 Course leader in adult's further studies for state unions in the
subject of "Rhythmic".
Instructor for music interpretation and repertoire studies
- Graduated singer (under Prof. Hermann Christian Polster, Achim Wichert
and Jürgen Kurth) and graduated director (under Prof. Gert Bahner)
from the "Hochschule Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy,Leipzig"
- Occupation as singer in diverse Genre, such as conferencier and
musical artist in cabarets (Odeon-Dance-orchestra, Munich; as well
as his one-man-show: " Mario Kallas").
- Director with various orchestras, repertoire-teacher and vocal-consultant
for numerous singers.
- In 1998, he organized and directed for the Rossini-company the
Premiere of the first-version of G. Rossini's"Stabat Mater"
in Gewandhaus; Leipzig.
- successful production-, concept- and artistical-direction of the
Opera-parody "Carmen against the rest of the world", played
in the Celler-theatre in the Opera-house, Leipzig, Crystal palace,
Leipzig, and throughout Germany.
- 2001-2005 as Choir-leader, musical assistent, repertoire-teacher
and director at the "Meraner Sommerfestspiel" (Bizet's"Carman",
"La serva Padona" in 2005 with scholarship-winners of
the "International Vocal-contest, Meran")
- Repertoire-study for the re-opening of Humperdinck's "Hänsel
und Gretel" at the Opera-house, Leipzig
- in Jan.2006, as musical assistent at the"Eclat-Festival for
- World premiere of Wolfgang Florey's "Wahr.haft.ich"